Thursday, July 10, 2008

ZINE(S)

I got a great photo zine in the mail, from Luc Rioual. I love zines - they remind me of times before the internet, when punk and hardcore zines were the means of finding out what was going on on the scene ... I like them even more now, now that they're not that common. I also respect the effort put into making them, the whole do it yourself, cut + paste + xerox thing. More proof that if there is a will, there is a way - you don't have to wait for PHAIDON to come knocking on your door offering a book deal, you can spread the word yourself.





Hamburger Eyes started as a xeroxed ghetto photo zine, now they are a MAGAzine (still ghetto), and they also have a kickass book out ...



HAMBURGER EYES 003, WINTER 2002

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home