Friday, May 1, 2009

BOOGIE x ALTAMONT x MURPHY'S LAW , april 30th

Yes I know I look like Neil Diamond with all this hair, but I don't really care.

So, the event on Thursday was insane. Tons of people showed up, thanks for your support my friends - and for those of you in nyc who knew about it and didn't show up, what can I tell you - YOU ARE A PUSSY. HA! unless you have a REALLY good reason, allright

The idea behind the whole night was to just have the most amazing hardcore party ever (no hip hop or other bs), spend money on a kickass band and DJs, and not on producing gallery quality prints - keep it oldschool, fanzine style. And we killed it. Murphy's Law were amazing, Jimmy Gestapo rules, one of the best people I've met in a long time.

-------
the Altamont showroom was the perfect space for a hardcore gig, low ceilings, no stage - direct contact between the band and the audience








my friends Haze and Dante Ross


Nami and Neil Diamond


John Stanier (former HELMET drummer, now BATTLES), me and Kostas Seremetis


Olimpia and Jocko


Neil Diamond and Jimmy Gestapo


Sean Dixon, the DJ





crowd going nuts








Raven, Murphy's Law saxophone player





alex corporan, troy denning and me


Kostas, Neil and Dante




after-hours, at the local bar